A New Revisionist Interpretation of Operation Reinhardt

For more adversarial interactions
b
bombsaway

Re: A New Revisionist Interpretation of Operation Reinhardt

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:10 am First of all, none of the witnesses actually describe what the operation would have looked like if it had actually happened. So there are 0 witnesses who attest to a realistic interpretation of the operation. You know this.

So really the number of reliable witness accounts is 0.
This is I think the crucial issue and the a priori conclusion that is driving your current speculations. All this stuff about Malkinia Treblinka confusion is an extremely minor point compared to the assertion that the almost 200 witnesses here are all liars. Obviously, obviously. If it's so obvious, and you care so much about correcting the record, this is what you should be focused on. If it's a necessary assumption for your Malkinia speculations, and you want non-revisionists to take that seriously, demonstrate that first.

As far as I see it, there are many many witnesses who identified your Treblinka "transit camp" as not being in Malkinia, but in Treblinka 2. Almost 200 just here. And there's one person who was confused, or was lying, or there was some issues with the interrogators who can make mistakes when they're putting out the statement in their own words. At the very least, compared to earlier testimonies, we can call Hirtreiter's "confusion" an aberration. None of these earlier witnesses were "confused" about what the camp was called.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Bombsaway continues to sidestep an anachronistic report of a "Treblinka Extermination Camp" at a time the Malkinia Transit camp was operational and "T-II" was not even constructed yet. That is not "minor confusion", that is a cross-pollination of accounts from both camps being attributed to "T-II". Hirtreiter gave testimony he was at Malkinia but his witness testimony became filed under "Treblinka." I don't know how many other witnesses may have seen something at this Malkinia Transit camp but then their testimony became attributed to the Treblinka sorting camp. The Teblinka sorting camp would have more witnesses because it was a work camp with a lot of workers.

"Treblinka Extermination Camp" is a combination of witness accounts and rumors from the Malkinia Transit Camp and Treblinka Sorting Camp. The fact the very first perpetrator ever on trial placed the operation in Malkinia is more significant than you are letting on.
This is I think the crucial issue and the a priori conclusion that is driving your current speculations.
It's not a priori at all, it's clear I came to this conclusion by following a thread of the true nature of the Reinhardt operation, and realizing the existence and operation of "T-II" doesn't require it to either be an extermination camp or transit camp given its purpose in the economic use action which had other secret Jewish camps entirely dedicated to sorting confiscated property.

The sorting functionality of T-II is proven by all evidence. The extermination AND transit hypothesis is just based on witness testimony when both have a lot of weaknesses, like the poor rail infrastructure leading to this camp which would not be suitable for managing mass transports. Thus the very strange "shunting" operation which betrays all reason and logic and evades all documentary mention.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Did this railway receive mass transports of hundreds of thousands of people?

Or did this one?

Talk about a priori bias, any reasonable person would identify the rail infrastructure in the first image as totally unsuited for the operation in question.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

More documentary evidence of a transit camp at Malkinia, from Mattogno's work:
According to Danuta Czech, on December 10, 1942, a transport with 2,500 persons, from which 524 men were registered with the numbers 81,400 to 81,923, arrived in Auschwitz from the transit camp Małkinia. The remaining 1,976 are supposed to have been gassed. On December 12 of the same year, again according to Danuta Czech, a transport from the transit camp Małkinia also arrived in Auschwitz with 2,000 Polish Jews
Now, Mattogno interprets this as evidence that Jews were transited through the camp I've identified as a Jewish work camp at Treblinka. But instead this is evidence that the Malkinia Transit Camp was open at least as late as December 12, 1942 which would encompass its operation during the first wave of 300,000+ deportations from Warsaw and of course show that both the Treblinka Sorting Camp and Treblinka Transit Camp were operational in conjunction with each-other. And the first ever Treblinka perpetrator confessed to conducting confiscations of the property carried by deportees IN Malkinia.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:06 pm

It's not a priori at all, it's clear I came to this conclusion by following a thread of the true nature of the Reinhardt operation, and realizing the existence and operation of "T-II" doesn't require it to either be an extermination camp or transit camp given its purpose in the economic use action which had other secret Jewish camps entirely dedicated to sorting confiscated property.
So you're sure the witnesses are lying about T2 being a "transit camp" (and everything else I suppose) because you have some proof about the true nature of Reinhardt?

Post your evidence that precludes them being transported to T2. Even as part of Reinhardt this seems very possible, just as they were mass transported to Belzec and Sobibor (you don't seem to deny this).
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:39 pm More documentary evidence of a transit camp at Malkinia, from Mattogno's work:
According to Danuta Czech, on December 10, 1942, a transport with 2,500 persons, from which 524 men were registered with the numbers 81,400 to 81,923, arrived in Auschwitz from the transit camp Małkinia. The remaining 1,976 are supposed to have been gassed. On December 12 of the same year, again according to Danuta Czech, a transport from the transit camp Małkinia also arrived in Auschwitz with 2,000 Polish Jews
Now, Mattogno interprets this as evidence that Jews were transited through the camp I've identified as a Jewish work camp at Treblinka. But instead this is evidence that the Malkinia Transit Camp was open at least as late as December 12, 1942 which would encompass its operation during the first wave of 300,000+ deportations from Warsaw and of course show that both the Treblinka Sorting Camp and Treblinka Transit Camp were operational in conjunction with each-other. And the first ever Treblinka perpetrator confessed to conducting confiscations of the property carried by deportees IN Malkinia.
Bombsaway, do you think these transports transited to Auschwitz went through the Treblinka Extermination Camp? Or do you think they went through the Transit Camp Malkinia as indicated in the document?

You just keep pointing to witness testimony. Yes, I know that witness testimony is the only thing that holds the hypothesis together. Which is why it is very suspect in the first place.

Either the document is correct, or the document is wrong and it's another data point indicating confusion about Treblinka vs Malkinia.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:39 pm More documentary evidence of a transit camp at Malkinia, from Mattogno's work:
Malkinia is evidenced to have been used as a transit camp. It is also evidenced as an overnight stop for transports, where no one got off the trains and property was traded with Nazi guards, in return for water and food.

Please explain why you think someone claiming to have taken property at the Malkinia camp, is evidence that TII (as in the camp built in 1942 on the spur to the TI labour camp and quarry) was a property sorting camp. You are supposed to be evidencing TII was a property sorting camp, but you are spending far more time producing evidence relating to Malkinia. Why not produce contemporaneous evidence from inside TII? That would be the best evidence for your case.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:17 pm
Bombsaway, do you think these transports transited to Auschwitz went through the Treblinka Extermination Camp? Or do you think they went through the Transit Camp Malkinia as indicated in the document?

You just keep pointing to witness testimony. Yes, I know that witness testimony is the only thing that holds the hypothesis together. Which is why it is very suspect in the first place.

Either the document is correct, or the document is wrong and it's another data point indicating confusion about Treblinka vs Malkinia.
No I think the document is correct, there was a separate transit camp in Malkinia. I'm puzzled about your difficulty to grasp that this is my position.

I don't think witness evidence is the only thing that holds it together. For example there's a document that says people were transported to Treblinka via Malkinia. This part of the document is senseless in your interpretation, since your Treblinka is a mere feet from the Malkinia train station, but sensible in mine.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Nessie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:29 pm Please explain why you think someone claiming to have taken property at the Malkinia camp, is evidence that TII (as in the camp built in 1942 on the spur to the TI labour camp and quarry) was a property sorting camp.
It is absolutely proven from every dimension of evidence: testimonial, documentary, archeological that this was a property sorting camp. The only question is, was it something else as well? Was it an extermination camp, or a transit camp? But literally nobody denies it was a sorting camp, that is proven.

Bombsaway's admission that there was a transit camp in Malkinia in operation during this time is very significant. For one, the train schedules show the train stopping for some time at Malkinia. According to some documents Malkinia was itself the destination of the transports. So in the midst of this extermination hypothesis, you admit the train stopped at a transit camp BEFORE it went to "Treblinka."

Everybody knows a train going to a destination does not imply all passengers reach the destination. The following system, attested to by Hirtreiter, would also fit with the known train schedules:
  • The transport of settlers arrives at Malkinia transit camp, with likely some passengers disembarking at other locations where the train is documented to have stopped along the way.
  • Settlers are ordered to turn in valuables and leave clothing on the train
  • The train goes to Treblinka where an industrial spur shunts the cars full of confiscated property to the sorting camp. OR, it's an entirely separate train that goes to the sorting camp and the whole "shunting" operation was a misinterpretation of what was an entirely different train (this is my opinion, there's no way the rail in that image was used to transport standard gauge rolling stock).
  • The train to Treblinka work camps would be busy with commuters, laborers, camp supplies, gravel, mining equipment, confiscated personal property, etc.
  • Various features of the Malkinia Transit Camp were later translated to the Treblinka sorting camp, like the big beautiful train platform that looked like a real train platform, most likely describing the real Malkinia transit camp, whereas the images captured by the Soviets of "T-II" show no trace of such a thing:

b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

Here's the Ganzenmuller letter
With reference to our phone conversation on 16.7.1942 I hereby transcribe the following report of our Gerneral Direction of Eastern Railways (Gedob) in Cracow for your information:

"Since 22.7. a train with 5 000 Jews goes daily from Warsaw via Malkinia to Treblinka. Furthermore there is a train with 5 000 Jews going from Przemysl to Belzec twice a week. Gedob is constantly in touch with the security service in Cracow, who agrees that the transports from Warsaw via Lublin to Sobibor (near Lublin) rest as long as the conversion works on this line make transports impossible (until October 1942)" The trains are agreed with the commander of the Security Police in the General Government. The Head of SS and Police for the Lublin district, SS-Brigadeführer Globocnik, has been informed.

Heil Hitler!
Your truly
signed Ganzenmüller36
This letter, if taken literally does not support your interpretation of them getting off in the vicinity of Malkinia. They were delivered to Treblinka. No mention of property. Again, if camp Treblinka was in Malkinia, mere feet from the train station, there would be no reason to specify 'via Malkinia'. The document perfectly accords with the witnesses who state these trains were diverted to T2 from Malkinia, which would also explain the delay or importance of this point in the journey.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

bombsaway wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:32 pm This letter, if taken literally does not support your interpretation of them getting off in the vicinity of Malkinia..
In normal parlance if someone says "A train with X passengers is going from this origin to this destination" that is not an assurance that nobody is getting off the train where it stops along the way to the destination. It's not just "literally" it's a very narrow reading that leaves no explanation for why these trains would stop at Malkinia in the first place.

Arad noted that many transports pertaining to Treblinka noted Malkinia as the final destination:
Since in many documents relating to transports to Treblinka, Malkinia is noted as the destination station [well now, there’s a surprise], it would appear that at least one transport from Salonika, carrying 2,800 Jews, arrived at Treblinka.
Given the train is proven to have stopped at several locations along the way to Treblinka station, including a location you admit had a Transit Camp, the Ganzenmuller letter is not justification for the assumption that nobody got off the train where it spent a lot of time stopping.

The only thing we know for sure is that the Fahrplanaordnung trains do not and cannot denote the final destination of the train as "T-II" or the Treblinka extermination camp. So my theory places the destination of the train where the document notes was the destination of the train, whereas your theory has a convoluted and undocumented shunting story to try to explain why the destination of the train was not where the document said was the destination of the transport train.

These trains could have bypassed Malkinia entirely, but they stopped along the way. What could the purpose of the stops possibly be? Why not go directly from Warsaw-Bialystok to Treblinka station?
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:37 pm

These trains could have bypassed Malkinia entirely, but they stopped along the way. What could the purpose of the stops possibly be? Why not go directly from Warsaw-Bialystok to Treblinka station?
I already said why, you can read my above post, and you can also read the testimonies from railway workers for more details. It was a separate track from Warsaw-Bialystok.

Additionally the document mentions "furthermore" transports "to Sobibor" and "to Belzec", which you agree are transit camps. But "to Treblinka" means something else. It would be more convincing if you called this document fake, than tried to argue it doesn't support my case.

In sum your reading rests on additional information being expressed that isn't in the actual document.

The AI's grammatical analysis (made without awareness of the above commentary) mirrors this exactly

Certainly, I'll delve deeper into the grammatical analysis of the key phrase from the Ganzenmuller letter:

The phrase in question is: "a train with 5000 Jews goes daily from Warsaw via Malkinia to Treblinka."

Let's break this down from a grammatical perspective:

1. Sentence Structure:
This is a simple declarative sentence with a subject ("a train with 5000 Jews"), a verb ("goes"), and adverbial modifiers ("daily", "from Warsaw", "via Malkinia", "to Treblinka").

2. Prepositional Phrases:
- "from Warsaw": origin
- "via Malkinia": intermediate point
- "to Treblinka": destination
These prepositions form a logical sequence of movement: from (starting point) -> via (passing through) -> to (end point).

3. Verb Tense and Aspect:
"Goes" is in the simple present tense, indicating a regular, habitual action. Combined with "daily," it implies an ongoing, scheduled operation.

4. Implications of "via":
The preposition "via" typically means "by way of" or "passing through." In travel contexts, it usually doesn't imply stopping or disembarking unless explicitly stated.

5. Principle of Completeness:
In formal communication, especially in administrative or military contexts, omitting significant details (like partial disembarkation) would be unusual. The principle of completeness in communication would suggest that if partial offloading was a regular feature, it would likely be mentioned.

6. Gricean Maxims:
Applying philosopher Paul Grice's conversational maxims, particularly the maxim of quantity (provide as much information as required, not more), the absence of information about stops or partial disembarkation suggests these weren't considered relevant or didn't occur.

7. End-weight principle:
In English, the most important information often comes at the end of a sentence. Here, "to Treblinka" is in the final position, emphasizing it as the primary destination.

8. Holistic meaning:
The sentence presents a complete journey. Breaking this semantic unit to suggest partial journeys for some passengers would be an unusual interpretation without additional context.

PrudentRegret's interpretation requires reading beyond what's explicitly stated, assuming unstated actions that would typically be included in such a formal communication if they were regular occurrences. While language can sometimes be ambiguous, in administrative contexts like this, precision is usually prioritized.

This grammatical analysis suggests that the most straightforward interpretation is that the train's intended destination for all its passengers was Treblinka, with Malkinia serving as a waypoint rather than a significant stop for disembarkation. However, it's important to note that historical interpretation often requires corroborating evidence beyond single documents or phrases.
We can delve into this much more, I think the errors you're making in grasping basic grammatical meaning are telling and indicative of your whole approach, which in my opinion is biased to the point where I would call it delusional.

We can begin to examine this, if you try to answer this question. Does the Ganzenmuller letter better support my interpretation, or your own?
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

That's probably the funniest Believer argument I've seen, Bombsaway, truly scraping the bottom of the barrel and it reeks of desperation.

I'm not opposed to asking LLMs to weigh in on certain things as long as you are aware the model has been RLFH'd to have a Kosher view of the Holocaust narrative. But that's not what is happening here.

LLMs are only as good as the context you provided. You didn't share your prompt which is a low IQ way to present this as evidence, as the extent to which LLM response has value in analyzing our reasoning is highly coupled with the prompt you have given it.

I can infer from the output that you did not provide needed context to the LLM- that we know from documents that the trains to Treblinka stopped at various locations, including a location you have admitted had a Transit camp. For example:
The preposition "via" typically means "by way of" or "passing through." In travel contexts, it usually doesn't imply stopping or disembarking unless explicitly stated.
Of course the LLM is correct, and you have simply not provided it the context that we know it stopped there and there is no ambiguity on that point. The stopping is explicitly stated in the transport documents, you have merely obscured that context in your prompt.

If you provided the Fahrplanordnung Warsaw - Treblinka and asked it "can we say for certain that nobody disembarked from the train at this stop given the grammar of this single sentence from this single letter months before?" the LLM would probably respond something like- "of course it's possible people got off the train where the train stopped you fucking idiot."

It's fascinating to see such empirical validation of the weakness of the Believer method. "Analyze the grammar of this single sentence!" Not "look at all these documents, is it possible passengers got off at Malkinia where there is a Transit Camp?" You are exposing yourself my dude.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:58 pm That's probably the funniest Believer argument I've seen, Bombsaway, truly scraping the bottom of the barrel and it reeks of desperation.

I'm not opposed to asking LLMs to weigh in on certain things as long as you are aware the model has been RLFH'd to have a Kosher view of the Holocaust narrative. But that's not what is happening here.

LLMs are only as good as the context you provided. You didn't share your prompt which is a low IQ way to present this as evidence, as the extent to which LLM response has value in analyzing our reasoning is highly coupled with the prompt you have given it.

I can infer from the output that you did not provide needed context to the LLM- that we know from documents that the trains to Treblinka stopped at various locations, including a location you have admitted had a Transit camp. For example:
Of course the LLM is correct, and you have simply not provided it the context that we know it stopped there and there is no ambiguity on that point. The stopping is explicitly stated in the transport documents, you have merely obscured that context in your prompt.

If you provided the Fahrplanordnung Warsaw - Treblinka and asked it "can we say for certain that nobody disembarked from the train at this stop given the grammar of this single sentence from this single letter months before?" the LLM would probably respond something like- "of course it's possible people got off the train where the train stopped you fucking idiot."

It's fascinating to see such empirical validation of the weakness of the Believer method. "Analyze the grammar of this single sentence!" Not "look at all these documents, is it possible passengers got off at Malkinia where there is a Transit Camp?" You are exposing yourself my dude.
It appears your assertion is that all of the passengers got off at Camp Malkinia because Camp Treblinka was a sorting facility (despite Camp Malkinia being called Camp Treblinka when it suits you). This is possible of course, but the document doesn't suggest it. As I said, and then the AI said, that meaning is not present. Instead the document suggests that the passengers were delivered to Treblinka, just as they were to Belzec and Sobibor, which is line with my assertion.

As for the AI, I just gave it this whole page, which included our agreement that Malkinia had a transit camp as well as trains stopping there.

This is the full exchange, for transparency sake, and you can replicate it in Claude Sonnet if you wish- my queries in bold
Can you comment on PR's reading of the Ganzenmuller letter?

I'll analyze PrudentRegret's (PR's) interpretation of the Ganzenmuller letter:
PR makes several key arguments about the Ganzenmuller letter:

He argues that the phrase "a train with 5000 Jews goes daily from Warsaw via Malkinia to Treblinka" doesn't necessarily mean all passengers reached Treblinka. PR suggests some may have disembarked at stops along the way, including Malkinia.
PR notes that Arad (presumably Yitzhak Arad, a Holocaust historian) mentioned that many transport documents listed Malkinia as the final destination for Treblinka-bound transports.
PR questions why the trains would stop at Malkinia if all passengers were destined for Treblinka, suggesting this supports his theory of Malkinia as a transit point.
PR argues that the train schedules (Fahrplanaordnung) don't list "T-II" or Treblinka extermination camp as a destination, which he sees as supporting his interpretation.

There are some issues with PR's reasoning:

While it's true that stating a train's destination doesn't guarantee all passengers arrived there, the letter's wording strongly implies the 5000 Jews were intended to reach Treblinka. PR's interpretation requires assuming unstated stops and disembarkations.
The mention of documents listing Malkinia as a destination is interesting, but without seeing those documents, it's hard to assess their context or meaning. They may have administrative or logistical explanations.
Trains often make stops for various reasons (refueling, crew changes, etc.) without necessarily offloading passengers. The stops alone don't prove PR's theory.
The absence of "T-II" on schedules isn't necessarily meaningful, as clandestine operations often use coded or alternate designations.

Overall, while PR raises some interesting points, his interpretation requires making several assumptions not directly supported by the letter's text. A more straightforward reading of the document seems to align with the conventional historical understanding of Treblinka's role. However, this is a complex historical topic that continues to be debated by scholars. CopyRetryN

Explain the #1 issue in much more depth, getting into grammar theory

EditCertainly, I'll delve deeper into the grammatical analysis of the key phrase from the Ganzenmuller letter:
The phrase in question is: "a train with 5000 Jews goes daily from Warsaw via Malkinia to Treblinka."
Let's break this down from a grammatical perspective:

Sentence Structure:
This is a simple declarative sentence with a subject ("a train with 5000 Jews"), a verb ("goes"), and adverbial modifiers ("daily", "from Warsaw", "via Malkinia", "to Treblinka").
Prepositional Phrases:

"from Warsaw": origin
"via Malkinia": intermediate point
"to Treblinka": destination
These prepositions form a logical sequence of movement: from (starting point) -> via (passing through) -> to (end point).

Verb Tense and Aspect:
"Goes" is in the simple present tense, indicating a regular, habitual action. Combined with "daily," it implies an ongoing, scheduled operation.
Implications of "via":
Principle of Completeness:
In formal communication, especially in administrative or military contexts, omitting significant details (like partial disembarkation) would be unusual. The principle of completeness in communication would suggest that if partial offloading was a regular feature, it would likely be mentioned.
Gricean Maxims:
Applying philosopher Paul Grice's conversational maxims, particularly the maxim of quantity (provide as much information as required, not more), the absence of information about stops or partial disembarkation suggests these weren't considered relevant or didn't occur.
End-weight principle:
In English, the most important information often comes at the end of a sentence. Here, "to Treblinka" is in the final position, emphasizing it as the primary destination.
Holistic meaning:
The sentence presents a complete journey. Breaking this semantic unit to suggest partial journeys for some passengers would be an unusual interpretation without additional context.

PrudentRegret's interpretation requires reading beyond what's explicitly stated, assuming unstated actions that would typically be included in such a formal communication if they were regular occurrences. While language can sometimes be ambiguous, in administrative contexts like this, precision is usually prioritized.
This grammatical analysis suggests that the most straightforward interpretation is that the train's intended destination for all its passengers was Treblinka, with Malkinia serving as a waypoint rather than a significant stop for disembarkation. However, it's important to note that historical interpretation often requires corroborating evidence beyond single documents or phrases.
It's not necessary for me to bias the AI in my favor, because it's patently clear to me that your arguments here are very weak.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

You instructed it to get into grammar theory, lmao, and then presented that as the thrust from the AI when it was just obeying your prompt. And you didn't provide the initial prompt here. Did you tell Claude that there's a tansit camp at the location where documents prove the trains stopped? Did you tell Claude that there's documents suggesting Polish workers were transited through this camp? Did you tell Claude about the anachronistic reports pertaining to deportations in the area during the time the Malkinia camp was open and "T-II" was not?

But the thrust of the LLM is going to be back towards supporting the Holocaust narrative, so the extent to which you relate this to Holocaust Denial the more it's going to be defensive of the mainstream narrative. That's what it is trained to do, and you can tell it's doing that by leaning on a "conventional historical narrative." It's not going to support a non-conventional narrative on this topic.

But the LLM isn't rationalizing your massive overreliance on a single sentence from a single letter in which the people involved were responsible for the trains and not the itineraries of the passengers. Not even a good try.