A New Revisionist Interpretation of Operation Reinhardt

For more adversarial interactions
b
borjastick

Re: A New Revisionist Interpretation of Operation Reinhardt

Post by borjastick »

Bombsaway and the ever ridiculous Nessie have just made my point for me. Puffery, nonsense and a total lack of hard solid fact and evidence from them both. Time to grow up children and get another hobby. You're no good at this one...
Of the four million jews under German control, six million died and five million survived!
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

borjastick wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:23 am Bombsaway and the ever ridiculous Nessie have just made my point for me. Puffery, nonsense and a total lack of hard solid fact and evidence from them both. Time to grow up children and get another hobby. You're no good at this one...
You're saying we should just uncritically accept PR's hypothesis that when Nazi documents say Jews were being delivered to Treblinka camp or going from Malkinia to Treblinka they were really going to a camp dead in the middle of Malkinia? If you have issues with this weird tangent, I'm not the one driving it brother.

If you want to rebut my previous response to you, viewtopic.php?p=141#p141

Maybe you can do that in the other thread, critique of revisionist methodology. In essence I am accusing you of being very hypocritical.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

borjastick wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:23 am Bombsaway and the ever ridiculous Nessie have just made my point for me. Puffery, nonsense and a total lack of hard solid fact and evidence from them both. Time to grow up children and get another hobby. You're no good at this one...
Please tell me which, if any, revisionist claim about TII is correct and explain why you think that. What was the evidence that convinced you?

1 - PR, AR property sorting centre.
2 - Mattogno (and others), transit camp en route to the east.
3 - Scott, hygiene station to stop the spread of typhus as people are transited east.
4 - Nazgul, customs stop as people are transited east.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Nessie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:47 am
bombsaway wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:32 am ....

"In 1941–1942 there was a transit camp in Małkinia for the Jewish population, set up by Germans in the eastern part of the town, along Nurska Street"
https://sztetl.org.pl/en/towns/m/982-ma ... -community

"In 1941–1942 there was a transit camp in Małkinia for the Jewish population, set up by Germans in the eastern part of the town, along Nurska Street. According to memories, it was under the open sky[1.9]. It is known that terrible conditions prevailed there, and people stayed in pits dug in the frozen ground"

That source refers to the Malkinia camp as a transit camp, because it was the first stage in the transportation process that then sent Jews to ghettos, such as in Warsaw, or to camp, such as TII. The Malkinia camp was closed either before, or in the first months that TII was open and operating.

The same happened in Tluszcz;

https://www.holocausthistoricalsociety. ... uszcz.html

"In September 1940, the Germans established a ghetto in Tluszc and the Jews were forced to move out of their homes and were resettled into the homes of Polish peasants located just outside the town"

That ghetto closed in May 1942, out of the 800 Jews, nearly 600 ended up at the Warsaw ghetto and the rest selected to work at labour camps in Wilanow. There is no direct link between the Malkinia or Tluszcz camp/ghetto and TII. That transports to Treblinka stopped at those places, is merely because those places had stations and were in small towns, all of which at some time, had a small temporary camp/ghetto, as local Jews were being initially rounded up.
Frankly, I don't trust mainstream supposition that the transit camp closed "either before, or in the first months that TII was open and operating" because this camp being open during the deportations would completely torpedo the extermination hypothesis. It of course makes no sense to close a camp dedicated to the transit of Jewish deportees in the midst of a deportation action. This camp being open "in the first months that TII was open" would encompass it being open during the greater part of the deportations from Warsaw.

I am dropping some ariel images I found of the site, with the earliest being the April photograph posted before (assuming the April 1944 date is correct on that image):

April 144
Source Treblinka, Poland, A German aerial photograph, probably of the camp's area, 16/04/1944.

01 May 1944
Source:
Description: NARA GX Catalogue(link is external)
Sortie: GX/12225
Frame: SG_0378

07 September 1944
Source:
Sortie: GX/12222
Frame: SK_0020

Note that analysts have annotated this exact location, suggesting that this location was a point of interest for whoever analyzed these photographs. This is the only annotation I've seen across all the images I've looked at.

07 September 1944
Source:
Sortie: GX/12222
Frame: SK_0021

14 October 1944
Source:
Coordinates (lat, lon): 52.695986, 22.023725
Sortie: GX/12373
Frame: SD_0029

Undated
Source:
Coordinates (lat, lon): 52.681146, 22.058462
Sortie: GX/12333
Frame: SG_0061

Source for the whole collection

My best guess is that the structures in these 1944 photographs show military infrastructure or fortifications within this area. There appears to be maybe artillery and other fortifications?

There's nowhere else "eastern part of town" that could have been the location of the Malkinia Transit camp AKA Treblinka other than this area, which is entirely surrounded by a robust rail infrastructure. Look at the huge amount of rail infrastructure at this exact location which would obviously be suitable to receive transports of hundreds of thousands of settlers in comparison to the alleged "Treblinka spur" which is probably about 8 kilometers away:

Compare that picture to the substantial rail infrastructure of the images above. One of those locations is suitable for receiving mass transports, the other location is not.

Conclusions

Another piece of circumstantial evidence are the premature reports of an extermination camp at Treblinka, well before "Treblinka II" ever opened and allegedly received its first transport.

The newspaper report is from 11 July 1942, by all accounts before "T-II" even opened and received its first transport:
The situation of the Jews presents itself even worse. The matter of the Warsaw ghetto is well known. Hunger, death and diseases continually and systematically threaten the Jewish population. In the area of Lublin on the night of 23-24 March [1942] the Jewish population was deported. The sick and disabled were killed on the spot. All children aged 2-3 years from the orphanage, who numbered 108, were sent away from the city along with their nurses and murdered. Altogether 2,500 people were murdered that night, while the remaining 26,000 were sent to camps in Bełżec and Tremblinka [wywieziono do obozów w Bełżcu i Tremblince]. From Izbica Kujawska 8,000 people were deported in an unknown direction. Reportedly in Bełźec and Tremblinka the killing is going on with the help of poisonous gas [za pomoca gazów trujacych].
Although "T-II" was not open according to historical accounts, we know by the accounts I have just learned about that the "Malkinia Transit Camp" was certainly operational and this time, and would have received transports of Jews and become the origin point of extermination rumors before T-II was even open. Thus, both Weirnik's map and the Dziennik Polski article suggest this Malkinia transit camp was known as "Treblinka."

This is not the only report of a "Treblinka death camp" before T-II was even opened, it goes back to May 1942!
“At that time, i.e. in late May and early June 1942, the clandestine press published reports on two camps in Treblinka: the labor camp and the death camp. The first reference to the killing center there is to be found in a text by Gutkowski entitled ‘The Scroll of Agony and Destruction,’ which probably constitutes the draft of an Oneg Shabbat press bulletin. In the entry dated May 29, 1942, we read: ‘There are two camps in Treblinka: a labor camp and a death camp. In the death camp people are not murdered by shooting (the criminals are saving ammunition), but by means of a lethal rod [in the Yiddish original: troytshtekn].’ This item, without mention of the ‘lethal rod,’ was printed on June 2, 1942 by the newspaper Yedies. The next issue of that paper, dated June 9, 1942, carried an article entitled ‘The Death Camp in Trenblinka [sic]’ In it we read:

‘A Pole who managed to bribe his way out of the camp relates: ‘I worked with the German personnel of the labor camp. The Poles present there were assigned the task of digging huge pits. The Germans brought a group of about 300 Jews every day. They were ordered to undress and get into the pit. The Poles then had to cover the pits with soil, burying the people there alive. After they finished their work, they were shot.’”
So the June 9, 1942 article on the "Death Camp in Trenblinka [sic]" could not be referring to the as-of-yet not opened "T-II." It is most likely referring to the Malkinia Transit camp which was also called "Trebinka". Likewise, claims that Jews were "sent to be gassed in Treblinka" already in March 1942 would pertain to rumors surrounding the transport of Jews to the already-existing Malkinia Transit camp that the Germans set up for Jews along Nurska street and, according to Wiernik, south of the main Warsaw-Bialystok line.

There's one another note from Nessies' source regarding the operation at Tluszcz:
On arrival they were disinfected in quarantine at 109 Leszno Street. A note preserved in the files of the JSS in Krakow, recording a message sent by a representative of the JSS for Kreis Warschau-Land, reports that of more than 800 Jews resettled from Tluszcz on 27 May 1942, only 582 people reached the quarantine section of the Warsaw ghetto, without any money or personal property.
Yes, the Malkinia Transit Camp (AKA Treblinka) would have been the point of confiscation of the property carried by settlers. What would that camp have done with the property? According to that protocol, they would have needed to turn that property over to the Reinhardt personnel which constructed a secret Jewish sorting camp for this purpose- at the camp we all call "T-II". Note that this was also the exact pattern of the Pabianice Sorting Camp:
Pabianice is first mentioned for the purpose of the central sorting site of the plundered Jewish property in a memo of the Ghetto Administration of 31 March 1942 on a forthcoming visit of the Kulmhof commandant. On 3 April 1942, Lange - and possibly already Bothmann [5b] - met in Litzmannstadt to discuss the transport of effects from Kulmhof with the Ghetto Administration. In the absence of the head of the office Hans Biebow, his deputy Friedrich Ribbe was to state the position of the Ghetto Administration that the Sonderkommando is responsible for the transport and has to use its own trucks to bring the effects of their victims to Pabianice or sent them by train (Document 89).

Lange maintained that "he has no vehicles at his disposal to drive luggage to Pabianice", which Ribbe - knowing that the Sonderkommando trucks travelled long distances to the Ghettos when deportations by train were not feasible - countered "to order the trucks on their way to the counties over Pabianice". The first such "load" to Pabianice was to go off on 9 April 1942 despite that it was "still not quite clear how the processing of the luggage shall proceed in Pabianice...since the storage rooms over there have to be first freed from machines" (Document 90). The earliest indication of a load with Jewish effects to Pabianice dates to 29 April 1942, when such truck had to refuel in the Ghetto Litzmannstadt. [6]

The "salvage sorting camp" (also called "special camp Pabianice", "work site Pabianice-Kulmhof", "Jewish working camp Pabianice-Dombrowa" and "camp Dobrowa") [7] was erected as "secret state affair" on the property of a former textile factory in the Litzmannstädter/Warschauer-Straße 127 in Pabianice
This image shows the location of the "salvage sorting camp" Pabianice relative to the transit camp:

Note the distance between where the property was confiscated- the transit camp, and the "secret state affair" Jewish camp which was a salvage camp. This would suggest the same pattern at Treblinka, with the Malkinia Transit Camp (AKA Treblinka) receiving the transports, having their property confiscated, and then delivered on the industrial-use rail to the secret Treblinka Jewish Work camp we all currently call "T-II."

Thus, the Malkinia Transit Camp was the original source of the rumor of a "Treblinka Extermination Camp." A secret Jewish work camp for salvaging personal property was opened at the location we all recognize as "T-II" in order to conduct Operation Reinhardt in the Warsaw District.

The property would have been confiscated at the Malkinia Camp, then transported to the Treblinka Work Camp (AKA T-II) on the rail I posted above, where it would have been sorted, deloused, clothing removed of the Jewish star, searched for hidden valuables, and the sorted and clean property was transported to Operation Reinhardt headquarters in Lublin. From there, the confiscated valuables and currency were transported by Globocnik to WVHA headquarters in Berlin, delivered to the Reichsbank by SS Capt. Bruno Melmer (who according to testimony claimed the entire operation was named after Fritz Reinhardt), and deposited into accounts owned by the Reich Ministry of Finance- the ministry of State Secretary Reinhardt.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PR, I still think you haven't conclusively demonstrated that the Malkinia camp is in that location, but assuming it is so

why would documents say Jews were being transited to "Final destination Treblinka Camp" or to Treblinka through Malkinia camp.

Malkinia camp is dead in the city, so why would it be confused for a place many kilometers away? You have suppositions, but I think documentary evidence is much much stronger
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Bombsaway, here is the ariel photograph east of that location.

The Malkinia Town did not extend east of this location. The village on the bottom is Zawisty Nabduzne. The village on the top right is Zawisty Podlesne. This location is the eastern-most part of the "Malkinia town" and it's along Nurska street.

Obviously documentary evidence is ideal, but assuming this account of the Malkinia Transit Camp is correct, there is simply no other area that could have been the transit camp, and it is overwhelmingly likely that those facilities would have been nestled precisely where there is a convergence and loop of all these train tracks.

As to why transport documents would note i.e. "Treblinka Camp through Malkinia" that makes perfect sense. Trains stopping at the Transit camp would have a different stop than at Malkinia. Not all trains going to Malkinia were going to the Transit Camp, and vice versa, but camps going to the Transit Camp would get there through Malkinia.
Malkinia camp is dead in the city, so why would it be confused for a place many kilometers away? You have suppositions, but I think documentary evidence is much much stronger
The "Treblinka Extermination camp" is a Mosaic of witness account and reports of both locations. With the earliest accounts being indexed on the Malkinia Transit Camp and then later accounts focusing on the Operation Reinhardt camp. It's a combination of the Malkinia Transit Camp and the Treblinka sorting camp. I even recall there were witnesses who, when interrogated, talked about being stationed at Malkinia but then they were prosecuted for being at Treblinka. And as I already mentioned the maps, i.e. Wienrik's map, obviously do not describe T-II and so the people that drew them had a different camp in mind.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

The documents say, regarding mass transit of people (no mention of property) "final destination, Treblinka (the camp)" and ""Since 22.7. a train with 5 000 Jews goes daily from Warsaw via Malkinia to Treblinka"

Honestly your completely speculative theories would be much more believable, though still completely speculative, if you were imagining a third camp near Treblinka.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Because Wiernik places a Treblinka (The Camp) off the Warsaw-Bialystok line, which is where this Transit Camp was. And there were written reports of a Treblinka Extermination camp at the time this Transit Camp was operational, with no chance those reports could have either been confused with the known Quarry or with the T-II camp which wasn't even constructed yet.

The "Stop" At this Malkinia Transit Camp/"Treblinka camp" would not be the same stop as Malkinia.

If sources place a Malkinia Transit Camp in the eastern part of Malkinia town along Nurska street, that could only refer to the location I've identified which would obviously make a logical place for a transit camp given the entire complex is surrounded by a loop of train tracks, and what appears to be a large extension of sidings to the main line on the northern end of the complex. A logical feature of a transit station, contrary to the single narrow-gauge spur that serviced "T-II" and the quarry.

It's not "entirely speculative" given that sources are saying there was a transit camp there, and there is nowhere else that matches that description which could have been the area containing the transit camp!

Why were there reports of a "Treblinka Extermination camp" before T-II was even constructed? Those rumors, similar to the early maps from those like Weirnik, were centered around a different camp. It's asinine to assume that Wiernik's map intended to depict "T-II" since nothing about that map bears any resemblance to any part of T-II, and the map puts the "Treblinka (The Camp)" on the Warsaw-Bialystok line, which is a reference match to the Malkinia Transit Camp and 8km away from "T-II".
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

Here is a suggestion- we know the SSPF of the Warsaw District had an "SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka" operation in the area. If that was the name of this unit, and that unit built and administered the Malkinia Transit Camp, it makes sense that documents would interchangeably reference this as "Malkinia Transit Camp" and "Treblinka camp." There was no SS-Malkinia even though by all accounts the SS operation headquarters in the area existed in Malkinia proper. Calling this transit camp "Treblinka" could be a reference to the SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka that would have run the camp.

In the same way, the transit camp Sobibor was administered by SS-Sonderkommando Sobibor.

This transit camp being known as "Treblinka" would be a function of its operation by the SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:00 pm Because Wiernik places a Treblinka (The Camp) off the Warsaw-Bialystok line, which is where this Transit Camp was. And there were written reports of a Treblinka Extermination camp at the time this Transit Camp was operational, with no chance those reports could have either been confused with the known Quarry or with the T-II camp which wasn't even constructed yet.

The "Stop" At this Malkinia Transit Camp/"Treblinka camp" would not be the same stop as Malkinia.

If sources place a Malkinia Transit Camp in the eastern part of Malkinia town along Nurska street, that could only refer to the location I've identified which would obviously make a logical place for a transit camp given the entire complex is surrounded by a loop of train tracks, and what appears to be a large extension of sidings to the main line on the northern end of the complex. A logical feature of a transit station, contrary to the single narrow-gauge spur that serviced "T-II" and the quarry.

It's not "entirely speculative" given that sources are saying there was a transit camp there, and there is nowhere else that matches that description which could have been the area containing the transit camp!

Why were there reports of a "Treblinka Extermination camp" before T-II was even constructed? Those rumors, similar to the early maps from those like Weirnik, were centered around a different camp. It's asinine to assume that Wiernik's map intended to depict "T-II" since nothing about that map bears any resemblance to any part of T-II, and the map puts the "Treblinka (The Camp)" on the Warsaw-Bialystok line, which is a reference match to the Malkinia Transit Camp and 8km away from "T-II".
What is speculative is that there is no evidence that the evacuated Jews from all over Europe (see the document I just quoted which references a transport from Macedonia!) were being sent to that camp.
"The newspaper report is from 11 July 1942, by all accounts before "T-II" even opened and received its first transport"
T-II had been constructed or at least partially by this time according to mainstream sources

"Construction began on 10 April 1942,[61] when Bełżec and Sobibór were already in operation.[63] The entire death camp, which was either 17 ha (42 acres)[61] or 13.5 ha (33 acres) in size (sources vary),[64] was surrounded by two rows of barbed-wire fencing 2.5 m (8 ft 2 in) high. This fence was later woven with pine tree branches to obstruct the view of the camp from outside.[65] More Jews were brought in from surrounding settlements to work on the new railway ramp within the Camp 2 receiving area, which was ready by June 1942.[61]"

I am speculating here, but identification of this place as an extermination center could have been result of

It being similar in appearance and secrecy to Sobibor and Belzec, which were "established" extermination facilities at this time, if you regarding the mainstream story as accurate

intel obtained by the Polish Underground

But this is a separate issue from my criticism of your claim about Malkinia transit camp being "Treblinka (The Camp)" , or "Treblinka via Malkinia".
"Because Wiernik places a Treblinka (The Camp) off the Warsaw-Bialystok line"
Don't you see how silly it is that you're picking and choosing which parts of his testimony to believe are true? The camp layout apparently is totally faithful, except for the parts that he indicates as being gas chambers etc. You can argue that he's a bad witness, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly reliable on certain points that are convenient for you.
P
PrudentRegret

Post by PrudentRegret »

bombsaway wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:30 am Don't you see how silly it is that you're picking and choosing which parts of his testimony to believe are true?
That's rich coming from a Holocaust believer!
bombsaway wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:30 am But this is a separate issue from my criticism of your claim about Malkinia transit camp being "Treblinka (The Camp)" , or "Treblinka via Malkinia".
I have responded to the question over why the Malkinia Transit Camp would be called "Treblinka".

Was Sobibor known by that name because it was geographically exactly inside the village of Sobibor? No, the camp was over 4.5km from the Sobibor village and far closer to the village of Żłobek Duży:

Likewise, the "Treblinka" quarry and "Treblinka extermination camp" are several km from the Treblinka village but right next to the village of Poniatowo.

The names of these camps is derived most directly, not from their precise geographical location but from the name of the SS-Sonderkommando in command of the camps.
  • SS-Sonderkommando Kulmhof == Kulmhof
  • SS-Sonderkommando Belzec == Belzec
  • SS-Sonderkommando Sobibor == Sobibor
  • SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka == Treblinka
The names of the Treblinka camps would not be derived from their geographical location within the Treblinka village but from being camps under the SS Special Command Treblinka, regardless of the proximity of the camp to the village by that name. None of the "Treblinka" camps were within or even closest to Treblinka village, although the Malkinia Transit Camp was closer to the Treblinka village than the other camps we call "Treblinka". On this matter Mattogno writes:
The mining of gravel from the pits at Treblinka I was directed by the “SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka” (SS Special Command Treblinka),292 which according to Łukaszkiewicz was the official designation of the alleged ‘Death Camp’ (therefore of Treblinka II).293 This is confirmed by the fact that the mining of gravel was an operation conducted on the site by a corresponding firm, namely the Deutsche Herd- und Steinwerk GmbH Kieswerk Treblinka (German Hearth- and Masonry Works, Inc., Gravel Works Treblinka).294 Thus the “Sonderkommando Treblinka” had a perfectly institutional identity and consequently was a component of the administrative structure of the General Gouvernement. Politically, it was subordinate to the SS and Police Chief in the Warsaw district and to the Senior SS and Police Chief in the General Gouvernement (Friedrich Wilhelm Krüger), administratively to the Central Construction Office of the Waffen-SS and Police at Warsaw as well as to the SS Administrator.
SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka would have erected the Transit Camp for Jews wherever it was most appropriate regardless of the fact it would be in Malkinia contrary to the name of their command. Sources attest to a German-built transit camp for Jews at the exact location in question. This camp at the eastern part of the Malkinia town would have become known as "Treblinka" by nature of the fact it was under the command of the SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka. Following convention of all the other known examples, that would have been its designation in documents as well.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

PrudentRegret wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:19 am
bombsaway wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:30 am Don't you see how silly it is that you're picking and choosing which parts of his testimony to believe are true?
That's rich coming from a Holocaust believer!
I mean to say you think he is a big time liar. Witnesses can be mistaken about things but not lying. That's a whole other level of unreliability.

Moving on, was Sobibor camp called something else in documents?

You are saying that the camp referred to as Malkania transit camp in documents is actually Treblinka camp. Or were there two camps in Malkinia, or maybe there was another camp near Treblinka that they called Malkinia?

Also, concerning the document that says Treblinka via Malkinia, the via Malkinia is completely redundant, correct? So this part of the document, in your interpretation, is utterly senseless. Your "Treblinka camp" is basically right at Malkinia junction.

Another puzzle for you to wrap your head around is why nobody in the town seemed to recall a huge influx of Jews, 5000 per day pouring in.

I don't know if I have other responses for you. I really need evidence to believe in something. If you're going to say that there is a camp in Malkinia called Treblinka camp, you have to bring something to the table other than supposition, as logical it may be (I don't think it is, but we can agree to disagree on this point). You need evidence when you're talking about material historical realities like this.
Last edited by bombsaway on Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
b
bombsaway

Post by bombsaway »

Here are some testimonies by railroad workers,

I'm sure you've seen them, or similar.

I looked through these testimonies and there doesn't seem to be anything blatantly false about them. Maybe minor details here and there. Your easy dismissal of such testimonies is typical of why I can't take you seriously. My sense of you, is that you have your conclusions, and you're obstinately, perhaps pathologically tied to them. That's why I'm interested in talking to you.
Lucjan Puchala

Born 1897

Level Crossing Attendant with the Polish State Railways

Interviewed on October 26, 1945, in Kosow by Judge Zdzislaw Lukaszkiewicz

I worked on the railways at the Malkinia Station during the occupation. In June 1942, I was assigned to be in charge of the construction of a railway track branch from the Treblinka station to the so-called gravel pit. The construction started on June 1.

At first we did not know what the purpose of the railway track branch was; it was not until the end of the construction that I learnt, from conversations with the Germans, that the branch line was to run to a camp for Jews. The construction continued for two weeks and came to an end on June 15. At the same time as the construction of the railway track branch, earthworks were carried out. The person in charge was a German, an SS captain.

At first, in order to carry out the earthworks, Polish labourers were used, the ones from the Labour Camp, which was already operational at Treblinka; then they started bringing in Jews from Wegrow and Stoczek using vehicles. Two or three vehicles full of Jews arrived every day. Several dozen people were killed daily by the supervising SS -men and Ukrainians out of the labourers who were brought to work; so when I looked from my workplace at the area where the Jews were working, I could see that it was always covered in corpses.

The labourers who were brought in were used to dig deep ditches and to build various huts. I know in particular, that buildings made of brick and concrete were erected, in which - as I learnt later - there were chambers for exterminating people. I heard there were eight chambers like that, and that each of them could hold about 700 people.

On the first day of July 1942, after we had finished working on the branch line, I was sent to work as a member of the administration of the gravel pit, where I worked until May 14, 1943, until I was put in the labour camp.

Since the gravel pit was near the extermination camp, I was able to observe many facts connected with the operation of the camp. I know that right after July 1, 1942, three diggers were brought in, and used to dig pits that were several dozen meters long, about fifteen meters deep, and about ten meters wide. On the day when the work on the railway track branch was completed, the building intended for housing the gas chambers was almost ready.

Wladyslaw Chomka

Born 1893

Senior Track Worker with the Polish State Railways

Interviewed on November 16, 1945, in Treblinka by Judge Zdzislaw Lukaszkiewicz

I have been working on the railways since 1929. The part of the railway I supervise stretches from Malkinia as far as the second kilometer after the Treblinka station in the direction of Kosow.

I can vividly remember that in July 1942, a telegram came to the Treblinka station master from the Railway Head Office in Warsaw informing us that as of July 22, a permanent back and forth train would be running between Warsaw and Treblinka, consisting of 58 freight wagons and three carriages. According to the telegram, the train was to transport residents of Warsaw, who because of over-population in the city, would settle in Treblinka. Being aware of the local conditions, we were surprised as to the purpose of sending people to Treblinka, since there were no proper accommodation for them.

In reality, from July 23, 1942, onwards, transports of Jews started to arrive, at first from the direction of the Malkinia railway station, and later also from Siedlce. The highest frequency of transports lasted more or less until Christmas Day, but there was a break of two or three weeks, a short time after the first transports had arrived. During the peak period, there were from two to three transports daily without a break. After the New Year's Day, the frequency of the transports was not very high.

One day, while I was in a steam engine that was moving wagons full of Jews onto the camp's ramp, I was able to observe people being thrown out of the wagons. Immediately after the wagons were emptied, the people were ordered to hand over their luggage, the men were separated from the women, and they were ordered to strip naked. After a while, one could hear deafening screams, simultaneously an orchestra started to play and one could hear the noises of a hammer striking a piece of iron. After some time, all went quiet.

Fig 17 Treblinka Ramp 2002

Treblinka Camp Ramp July 2002 (Chris Webb Private Archive)

Kazimierz Gawkowski

Born 1899

Points Man with the Polish State Railways

Interviewed on November 21,1945, in Treblinka by Judge Zdzislaw Lukaszkiewicz

From 1926, until now, I have been working continuously as a railway employee at the Treblinka railway station. If I remember correctly from the beginning of July 1942, until New Year's Day 1943, railway transports of Jews arrived without a break.

A transport usually consisted of 60 wagons; after it had arrived at the Treblinka railway station, it was divided into three parts, each with 20 wagons, which were gradually moved onto the ramp of the Treblinka extermination camp. This was done by a shunting steam engine, which came to the Treblinka railway station from Malkinia, specially for that purpose.

There were two German railwaymen permanently employed at the Treblinka railway station dealing with these transports and with their delivery to the camp. The personnel of the trains with Jews consisted of Ukrainians, or German Gendarmerie under the command of Gestapo men. They shot at the wagons whenever the transported Jews attempted to escape. One day, so many people were killed in this way at the Treblinka railway station, that later four flat wagons were filled with the corpses.

Since I traveled in a shunting steam engine to the camp several times, I know how individual parts of the transport were moved onto the camp ramp. When the steam engine moved the wagons onto the ramp, it moved back to the gate, with only Ukrainians, SS-men and the Jewish labourers from the camp remaining on the platform. The people were immediately ordered to leave the wagons, but all their possessions and suitcases had to be left on the platform.

All the people were sent behind a barbed-wire fence, intertwined thickly with branches, so that one could not see what was happening in there. At that time, Jewish labourers, two for each wagon, cleared the wagons of the corpses, any remaining bundles and feces. After some time, one could hear screams, which lasted for a while and then died out.

There was a fake railway station built at the camp ramp with a fake clock and various notices e.g. 'Ticket Office,' First Class and Second Class Waiting Room,' Railway Dispatch' and so on. I suppose this was done in order to make the victims believe that it was an ordinary labour camp rather than an extermination camp.

Railway transports arrived at the Treblinka station from the direction of Siedlce and from Malkinia. Each wagon usually consisted of more than 100 people, which I can remember because the number of people in each wagon was written on the wagon's doors in chalk.

Fig 20 Treblinka Station Area 2002002457

Treblinka Station Area July 2002 (Chris Webb Private Archive)

Stanislaw Borowy

Born 1908

Train Dispatcher with the Polish State Railways

Interviewed on November 21,1945, in Treblinka by Judge Zdzislaw Lukaszkiewicz

Since 1939, I have been working at the Treblinka railway station.

Each transport consisted of 60 wagons; there were between 150 and 200 people in each. As trains approached the Treblinka railway station, many victims were trying to escape from the wagons, and the Ukrainians and Lithuanians who manned the transport trains, killed a lot of them. There were often so many corpses at the Treblinka railway station that they were loaded into carts and transported to the camp.

After having arrived at the station, each transport was divided into three parts, since there was room for only 20 wagons on the loading ramp of the camp. Each part of the transport was moved onto the ramp with a shunting steam engine. I drove this engine a few times as a points-man. At first, the engine was left behind the gate; later to accelerate the unloading of the wagon's, and the moving away of empty wagons, the engine was left with the wagons at the ramp.Nobody was allowed to enter the area of the camp, so even the Germans who were manning the transports did not have easy access.

The camp was separated from the ramp with a high fence made of barbed-wire, so thickly intertwined with branches that there was no good view of the camp premises from the ramp. Nevertheless, I managed to observe certain facts. I know that after the unloading of people from the wagons, the men were separated from the women and children. After some time one could hear screams, which lasted about 20 minutes and then died out. Between 40 and 50 minutes passed between leaving Treblinka railway station and returning to it with empty wagons.

Fig 23 Treblinka Symbolic Tracks 2002

Treblinka - Symbolic Stones representing the train tracks -July 2002 (Chris Webb Private Archive)

Jozef Kuzminski

Born 1909

Station Master Treblinka - Polish State Railways

Interviewed on October 16, 1945, in Siedlce by Judge Zdzislaw Lukaszkiewicz

At the beginning of January 1943, I was transferred to the Treblinka railway station, where I was to work as a station-master. I worked there until the arrival of the Red Army.

Because of my work at the Treblinka railway station, I know exactly what the procedure for a transport was from its arrival at the Treblinka railway station. The train's arrival was announced in a phone call from Siedlce or Malkinia, depending on the direction from which it was coming. It was done with a code, which the Polish personnel did not know, but it was clear that when the announcement was made with a code, what was meant was a transport of Jews.

i am completely certain about the transports from Greece and Belgium, since they were completely different from ordinary transports from Poland. They usually arrived in locked freight wagons, under the supervision of armed guards - Ukrainians and Lithuanians, whereas the foreign transports arrived in completely different conditions. These trains consisted of Pullman carriages, with each passenger holding a ticket and having a lot of luggage; there were luggage wagons in the train.

As for the transport from Greece, I had ticket stubs (their spines) left from the passenger tickets that had been issued - these stubs went missing at the Treblinka railway station during military operations. These tickets were issued to 6,500 people, since I specially checked the number. As for the transport from Belgium, I am also absolutely certain, since I talked to the people on the train and learnt from them where they were coming from. It is necessary to explain that people from foreign transports were able to leave their train freely at stations and they were confident that they were going to a labour camp.

After the uprising, during which the residential huts, chambers*, and a fuel depot were burnt down, the liquidation of the camp was started. They began to transport dismantled huts away - those that had not been burnt down, diggers and the contents of the storehouses, and so in the spring of 1944, there were only three Ukrainians left in the camp, whereas the area of the camp itself had been ploughed and sown with various plants. These Ukrainians escaped before the arrival of the Red Army.

* The gas chambers were not destroyed during the uprising.

treblinka station area 2005047

Treblinka Station Area 2005 (Chris Webb Private Archive)

Jozef Pogorzelski

Born 1911

Train Dispatcher with the Polish State Railways

Interviewed on October 18, 1945, in Sokolow by Judge Zdzislaw Lukaszkiewicz

As far as I can remember, in June 1942, I was transferred to the Treblinka railway station, where I was to work as a train dispatcher. I worked as one until the arrival of the Red Army.

Some time after the first transports - I can remember that the first transports came in the second half of July 1942 - there was a horrible smell of dead bodies wafting to the station, and it was then that we all realized that there was another camp in Treblinka, next to the labour camp - an extermination camp.

As for the way the transports were handled at the Treblinka railway station, it was as follows. When a transport arrived, it was manned by two German railwaymen, employed at the station especially for that purpose, who usually divided the transport into three parts with each one being gradually pushed by a shunting steam engine onto a siding which led to the camp.

No member of the Polish personnel of the railway station was permitted to enter the camp premises and that is why I do not know what happened to the transports after they had been moved into the camp and how the people were exterminated. I can remember a transport from Miedzyrzec, in which a Gendarme from the train personnel said there were 10,000 people. Reportedly there were a lot of corpses in the wagons.

I want to add the names of the Germans who worked at the Treblinka railway station. The name of the first one was Rudolf Emmerich and the name of the other one was Willy Klinzmann.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

PrudentRegret wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:29 pm
Nessie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:47 am
bombsaway wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:32 am ....

"In 1941–1942 there was a transit camp in Małkinia for the Jewish population, set up by Germans in the eastern part of the town, along Nurska Street"
https://sztetl.org.pl/en/towns/m/982-ma ... -community

"In 1941–1942 there was a transit camp in Małkinia for the Jewish population, set up by Germans in the eastern part of the town, along Nurska Street. According to memories, it was under the open sky[1.9]. It is known that terrible conditions prevailed there, and people stayed in pits dug in the frozen ground"

That source refers to the Malkinia camp as a transit camp, because it was the first stage in the transportation process that then sent Jews to ghettos, such as in Warsaw, or to camp, such as TII. The Malkinia camp was closed either before, or in the first months that TII was open and operating.

The same happened in Tluszcz;

https://www.holocausthistoricalsociety. ... uszcz.html

"In September 1940, the Germans established a ghetto in Tluszc and the Jews were forced to move out of their homes and were resettled into the homes of Polish peasants located just outside the town"

That ghetto closed in May 1942, out of the 800 Jews, nearly 600 ended up at the Warsaw ghetto and the rest selected to work at labour camps in Wilanow. There is no direct link between the Malkinia or Tluszcz camp/ghetto and TII. That transports to Treblinka stopped at those places, is merely because those places had stations and were in small towns, all of which at some time, had a small temporary camp/ghetto, as local Jews were being initially rounded up.
Frankly, I don't trust mainstream supposition that the transit camp closed "either before, or in the first months that TII was open and operating" because this camp being open during the deportations would completely torpedo the extermination hypothesis. It of course makes no sense to close a camp dedicated to the transit of Jewish deportees in the midst of a deportation action. This camp being open "in the first months that TII was open" would encompass it being open during the greater part of the deportations from Warsaw.
It makes perfect sense that camps and ghettos closed during a deportation operation. Once the Jews of Tluszcz have been deported from the temporary ghetto in the town, close it down. When the Warsaw ghetto is empty close it. Camps and ghettos closing down is evidenced throughout the war. It is part of the circumstantial evidence for mass killings. Kill people and they do not need to be accommodated. Revisionist claims there was no mass killing of millions of Jews 1941 to 1944, does not fit with the circumstantial evidence of mass ghetto and camp closures.

The evidenced narrative is that ghettos closed, or were dramatically depopulated, as people were shipped to TII. The Jews of Tluszcz were rounded up into a local temporary ghetto, that was closed and the people sent to Warsaw, which was then gradually depopulated, with most sent to TII. That narrative was repeated in towns all over Poland.

As for the Jewish property, the majority was stolen when each family was removed from their home, taking only a suitcase and what they could wear, to the ghettos. The Nazis knew that families were taking their most valuable, portable property, so the next part of the operation was to steal that. What better way, than to transport those people to camps, where they were forced to strip naked before they were gassed.

Your claims that AR was just about the property, have repeatedly failed to evidence what happened to the owners of that property. I have repeatedly asked you for evidence, but you dodge.
b
borjastick

Post by borjastick »

'As for the Jewish property, the majority was stolen when each family was removed from their home, taking only a suitcase and what they could wear, to the ghettos. The Nazis knew that families were taking their most valuable, portable property, so the next part of the operation was to steal that. What better way, than to transport those people to camps, where they were forced to strip naked before they were gassed.

Your claims that AR was just about the property, have repeatedly failed to evidence what happened to the owners of that property. I have repeatedly asked you for evidence, but you dodge.'

The first underline shows that we agree on one part that jews were persecuted and lost possessions to the Nazi regime. The second underline shows what massive leaps of imagination you make with zero evidence. The same old same old with never a gas chamber shown, nor bodies, nor cremains, nor method, manpower or facilities. You and your deranged mates make these claims forever and a day (israel, that shitty little country, weaponises the holocaust and all its lies to this day to justify mass murder of innocents in Gaza) but after all these decades still fail to show any evidence. Real evidence not the type you peddle here over and over about this document and that claim all of which are hot air and proof of Holocaust Derangement Syndrome. You want the holocaust to be true so you clutch at any passing straw to comfort your little heads. You need to get a new hobby because you are totally f--king useless at this one...
Of the four million jews under German control, six million died and five million survived!